Loading...

This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

The Cathcart Street Practice

8 Cathcart Street

Ayr
KA7 1BJ
Tel: 01292 264051

The Practice

 

The surgery occupies all four floors of a Grade B-listed Georgian townhouse in the centre of Ayr. The property was constructed in 1814 (the year before the Battle of Waterloo) for one James Gray Esquire, Surgeon, of Ayr. Over the years parts of the building have seen a variety of uses including a hairdresser's business and a health food shop as well as residential accommodation.


The rooms to the left of the entrance hallway became a doctor's surgery again in 1959. As the practice grew, it gradually expanded into the rest of the building until in January 1998 the partnership bought out the last remaining flat. This purchase provided the catalyst for an ambitious programme of expansion and alterations internally to form a modern and well equipped General Practice.

Choose font size: A A A


Search:  



Total visitors:314266 | Disclaimer